Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 2 to 4
For the spiced rubbed salmon:
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp kosher salt
½ onion powder
½ tsp chili powder
1 lb fresh salmon
1 tsp smoked paprika
For the sesame dressing:
5 tbsp avocado or olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
¼ cup of rice wine vinegar
1 ½ tbsp honey
2 tbsp low-sodium tamari or coconut aminos
For the salad:
½ cup sliced cucumbers
4 cups of chopped kale
⅓ cup of chopped and toasted almonds
4 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- Prepare the salmon. Preheat your oven to 435 F. Place foil on your baking sheet or use the avocado oil to lightly oil it.
- Mix the spice and brown sugar in a small bowl and put it aside.
- Put the salmon on the baking sheet. Cover the salmon with the spice rub and spray it with the avocado oil spray. Put around 1 tbsp of oil on the salmon before you coat the salmon with the spice rub if you don’t have avocado oil spray. Make a moist coating by rubbing the spices into the oil.
- Bake the salmon for 8 to 15 minutes or until the temperature reaches 145 F. The cooking time depends on the thickness of your salmon. After you take the salmon out of the oven, it will still cook a little. Remove the salmon from the oven and set it aside for 5 minutes before you serve it.
- To make the dressing, add all the salad ingredients in a blender. Blend it on high for 15 seconds or until it emulsifies. You can also add the ingredients to an airtight container and shake it well until it emulsifies.
- Put the chopped kale in a big bowl. Put a tbsp of the dressing and massage the leaves gently for around 1 minute. Put the chopped romaine and coat.
- Put the greens in bowls and place the sliced cucumber almond on top. Then, place the roasted salmon and drizzle the dressing.